Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Swan Lake


Wednesday June 23rd I took La Grange to Swan Lake in Littlestown , PA for the 5 Year Old Qualifier. Looking back at the day I was happy with La Grange, and I was pretty happy with the ride I gave him.

Swan Lake was our fifth horse show ever. I trust that La Grange can actually JUMP, so what we are working out is experience. He doesn't back off the jumps but he does see the score board and he does see the tents and the people moving around when we are on course, can sometimes distract him from jumping brilliantly and causing a rail.

I think what I realize is that I expect A LOT from this little guy. I think we can get so wrapped up into what we want, and forget to see where we've come from, and be grateful for all our experiences and improvements.

We finished 3rd in the qualifier. Our next stop is Princeton on Thursday and the Dream Park on Friday. Both shows holding the qualifier classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment