Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Middlesex

Sunday, June 27th, I took Ganowe 2 to the Middlesex Horse Show held at the New Jersey Horse Park. We shipped in for the $10,000 1.30m Prix. There were 20 entries, and I was on the order of go at 5th.

I walked the course with my mom, and explained the different things that I saw in the course. It was fun to share that with her. I gave her Ganowe to work with since she has been down from New Hampshire and she has completely fallen in love with him. So for her it was more exciting to watch the horse go since she had been riding him every day.

I on the other hand had not ridden the horse since our 1.40m course at Blue Rock which was in May...but I guess that it really doesn't matters when riding Ganowe. For me, the 1.30m course was my forth go at a bigger level course. I felt pretty confident in the ride I gave Ganowe. He felt perfectly confident, and very game to tackle whatever I pointed him at.

I've had Ganowe for a year this month, and not that I'm looking for a 'pat on the back' but we've come a long, long way and I think that our course at Middlesex was our first course that we really did together. It felt good. We didn't complete a fault free course, but we tackled the hardest elements with ease.

I wish I had the ability to show every weekend at this level, and continue getting to know Ganowe, but its easier said than done. I have to bring along the young guys and keep Ganowe fit enough to slip him in every once in a while. We will get there! I have full confidence :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment