Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 6th - LaGrange 1.20-30m Jumpers - NJ Horse Park



Today was our maiden voyage in the 1.30m... SUPER GRANGE was in action!!!



I was very excited with the feeling I got from LaGrange today. He definitely put his 'best hoof forward'. The NJ Horse Park had some great new jumps! I love the variety that Mr. Allen offers to us for these shows. 'A'+ job for the Woodedge Team!



We did a total of three classes. As I mentioned from the last show I felt LaGrange starting to get bored by the last class.. we changed this for him by finishing with a 1.30m course. He was pretty sharp. He noticed the change and actually smoothed out between the jumps, and actually felt like he was ready to jump and perform. It was a nice feeling. We finished Champion with two 1st and a 2nd.

Since he doesn't put a lot of effort into his jumping, he tends to get a little bored jumping the same things. I know once he gets more comfortable at the 1.30m I'll have the hurdle to get past again...

and the beat goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment