Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

$40,000 Howard County Grand Prix - September 25th, 2010


Hey guys!

I had a really exciting weekend in Clarksville, Maryland at the Howard County Grand Prix.

We arrived at the show grounds at 11:38am on Friday to check in before 1:00pm and get Ganowe settled in. After getting everything unpacked I got my number; #13, which was also my order of go for Saturday.

I took Ganowe for a stroll around the grounds Friday night around 7:00pm, it was in the 90's all day so we thought it would be best to just wait until it cooled off.

We had an early start Saturday with a work around the schooling area at 6:00am, followed by a trail ride through the woods around Marama Farm. We didn't have to be ready until 2:00 for the course walk, and then the parade of riders in the ring.

Pretty neat experience to go in with 21 riders who's Grand Prix experience was above my own, since this was my very first Grand Prix. HaHa.

The best part of the whole time there was the sound of the buzzer after they said, "Number 13, Ganowe 2, with owner/rider Priscilla Godsoe from Nottingham, Pennsylvania. When not showing she whips-in to the the River Hills Foxhounds 4 days a week, and this will be her 3 start in the Grand Prix ring" ... guess they didn't get my info straight but oh, well, the best part was knowing I had 40 seconds to get to the first fence, and I'm not sure how to describe it but there is a certain amount of confidence or control you feel when you are in the ring, and start your course. I think its a rather euphoric moment.

Instead of going into the whole course and how it rode and felt I'll just sum it up that we had a really good go, and we met all the distances and combinations, and all the tricky stuff. I have to say the whole experience has left me feeling extremely confident, and I'm so excited to go back at it again. And also, I am really excited to ride my young horses everyday, knowing that they too will be in the Grand Prix ring someday, and that's just such an exciting thing to be apart of in bringing them along.

That's it for now... Ganowe looks good, looks sound and looks happy, so he is no worse for the wear! Good ol' Man :-)

xo-P

No comments:

Post a Comment